Thursday 3 August 2023

Another new direction and a new painting guide soon.

 It has been almost six months since my last post. The demands of real life and work has meant a re-assessment of how much time I can give to the hobby and when that time will be given. Despite this, I have not been idle. Some inspiration came from a friend and that was then harnessed by "one's publisher" with the result that my fifth painting guide is currently awaiting the wizardry of the design department at Partizan Press. The subject matter will be deduced from these photos. Figures from Perry, Wargames Foundry and The Assault Group. Colours from Flags of War.





































4 comments:

A J said...

Welcome back. I'm in the same boat. Too little time and inclination to devote to the hobby. I'm beginning to feel the urge to return to my ECW collection, and the photos of those superb figures you have added to that.

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

They look fantastic - well done and good to a post from you again!

Aly Morrison said...

Superbly done Mark…
It clear that you have been buffing up on your leather effects…
I shall certainly be picking up a copy of your new guide.

All the best. Aly

Over Open Sights said...

First time doing a unit of figures from the earlier part of the 1600s. It was fun doing a drab looking unit and varying the palettes for browns and other dull colours with just a splash of brightness here and there.