Saturday 5 March 2022

Setting out the toys on Steve's table.

 Last week, Steve was good enough to let me set out most (not all) of my WW1 Tommies on his table to allow me take some photos of the collection amongst his wonderful terrain. I was particularly keen to set out my Heavy Artillery Group, hence the photos of 6 inch howitzers, an 8 inch Howitzer, 60pdrs an a 6 inch gun with their transports. The eagle-eyed among you will recognise the Holt tractor produced by 1st Corps but the 60pdrs are being pulled by Holt Tractors made by John Hart who, for fun, built a 1/56 model and cast up a couple from resin which have now made it into my collection. The 6 inch 26 cwt Howitzers and the Model B FWD trucks and towing limbers are also the product of John's skill. John's work can also be seen in the Model T Fords. These are the prep-production models that eventually became part of the Empress Miniatures range. John is also responsible for both the 4.5 inch howitzer, the 18pdr and their respective limbers, again, now produced by Empress Miniatures. It was fun indulging my inner twelve year old, just setting out the toys and looking at them.......


























6 comments:

Steve J. said...

Such a delight to behold! Superb terrain, vehicles, figures etc.

irishserb said...

That certainly provides for some wonderful images. Your artillery and tractors are particularly spectacular. Thanks for sharing them.

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Fantastic!

Aly Morrison said...

It’s always fun to get your toys out on the table…
And this is a beautiful collection of toys.

All the best. Aly

Doc Smith said...

Just wonderful! The tractor pulled heavies and artillery in general are just superb. I also saw some ALH Camel Corp (Eureka figures?) which look the same as those I bought a few years ago - other than my own I think they're the only others I've seen painted up. Just beautifully painted figures! Thanks for displaying your collection on that superb table.

Regards, Doc

docsartofwar.blogspot.com

James Fisher said...

Marvellous layout. Wonderful terrain, figures and vehicles.
But... surely you threw a few dice and made a game of it while you were there? Great to look at, but even better when put to 'use', hahahahaha! :)
Regards, James