Wednesday 22 August 2018

The Big Push 6.

Captain R H M MacIntyre MC, Officer Commanding 7th Light Car Patrol, a Lieutenant as a driver and a Corporal frantically trying to signal the leading elements of the Desert Mounted Corps for the Syria 1918 demo game at Colours. The car is a Matchbox 1909 Opel.... it should really be a Model T but Adrian had this model and it needed to be used. It is, perhaps, a little large and out of scale but it is great fun. That is what it is all about as far as I am concered. The Captain, standing on the front seat for a better view, is an Empress Miniatures figure, as is the driver, and the Signals Corporal comes from GWM. All have had Woodbine headswaps.




8 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Well that's just the best thing I have seen all week! Fabulous fun Mark.

Over Open Sights said...

Thanks, Michael. An excellent use of the dwindling remaining days of the summer hols.

Peter Douglas said...

That's just excellent. love the animation of the signaler. Great use of the Matchbox Opel too.

Phil said...

Gorgeous, what a gem!

rross said...

What fantastic painting and modelling skills - this piece is spectacular - and I fully agree with your sentiments - I just wish I had the talent to create a vignette as nice as this one!

Aly Morrison said...

Splendid sir!
Lest hope that they don’t need to make a quick getaway...;-)

All the best. Aly

Paul Howes said...

Most certainly a good idea to use that type of vehicle. It was fun for me just viewing the photographs.
Now I`m pondering over possible conversion ideas in my own over ticking fancy wedged firmly between me to big ears.BB

Paul Howes said...

A good idea put into fine practice. Well done.
Greetings. BB