Saturday 9 September 2017

Spectre Miniatures Middle Eastern Moderns

I am out of my comfort zone with these rather splendid sculpts from Spectre Miniatures. I don't normally attempt "moderns"  and have turned down a number of requests to paint modern camouflaged subjects but these first fifteen, and twenty more, were requested by Steve who has presented me with some excellent projects in the past. I would have been rude to refuse. I allerted him to my lack of confidence in these subjects. It seemed not to bother him. They have sat for almost a year waiting to be done because every time I geared myself up to start,  Steve or someone else would present me with something new and that gave me the excuse to put off the inevitable. Now that all the painting for the Second Battle of Gaza (to be presented at "Colours 2017", Newbury, next weekend) is over, I had to bite the bullet.

Here are fifteen "Pro-Government" Militia for somewhere in the Middle East.







Insurgents to follow.....

2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Yeh! Mark...
It is clearly obvious you don't know what you are doing....;-)

Lovely stuff... I am sure I will see them in the flesh soon.

All the best. Aly

painterman said...

Nice paintwork on those Mark - they do look like great sculpts.