Sunday 13 May 2018

Time for Tea!

Positively the very last vignette for the WW1 La Gorgue Airfield demonstration game at Partizan next weekend. The whole idea for this set up came from Adrian Shepherd who was responsible for converting the Model T van into a mobile canteen. The figures have come from all over the shop.
The lettering on the van stands for "Navy and Army Canteen Board. Expeditionary Force Canteen." This canteen van is run by Mavis Teacake of the WAAC. You can see her wearing her pinny. The doughnuts on the table are courtesy of Doughnut Dolly who can be seen in the previous post.








6 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

I think you may have saved the best to last Mark!

Peter Douglas said...

Lovely work Mark, will look great for your demo game. I'd like a cup a please!

Over Open Sights said...

Thanks,Michael.I emphasise that I only pushed the paint on everything and based them up. The concept and van work was Adrian's.

Over Open Sights said...

Not my game, Peter. The game is being organised by Dave Andrews and Aly Morrison of Great War Miniatures. All these vignettes are fro Adrian who is taking part. Although I was extended an invitation to take part, sadly I can not make the event.

Aly Morrison said...

More lovely toys Mark...

It’s a shame you can’t join us...

All the best. Aly

The Wargames Table said...

Simply stunning work Mark!
Cheers
Matt