Wednesday 11 July 2018

The Big Push.

One of the benefits of teaching is a long summer break. This summer will be devoted to getting together units for the next display game at Newbury this September. The Light Car Patrol is now complete. A second Rolls Royce Armoured Car is finished. Two scratch-built 3-ton trucks are done. Attention now turns towards figure painting. The first completed element is this Ottoman machine gun set up for anti-aircraft work. French Spahis and Legion d'Orient wait their turn as do some more Turks and Tommies. No rest! Oh... nearly forgot... the early part of the summer was spent building aeroplanes. Here is a Rumpler C1. An Albatros DII, a Phalz Eindecker, a Bristol Fighter and a Bristol Scout all need to be photographed. This won't happen until I buy a new camera. Sadly, the old Minolta has given up the ghost and I had to borrow Mrs H's camera to photgraph this lot.













9 comments:

Phil said...

I'm jealous, your collection of vehicles is stunning!

Michael Awdry said...

These look amazing Mark, enjoy the break.

Jim Jackaman said...

Lovely models and paint work as always.

I'm trying to think of the other benefits of teaching.....???


...bit of a struggle after bottom set Year 8.

rross said...

These WW1 vehicles are fantastic Mark - I wish I had the talent (or patience) to create models like this - congratulations on getting them all completed! Look forward to seeing the figures next.....

Over Open Sights said...

Great fun to do. Chasing the Model Ts on eBay was enjoyable. Got each one for a couple of quid.

Over Open Sights said...

You too, Michael.

Over Open Sights said...

They year 8s fade into memory. The joy at putting the "out of office" notification onto the email account. The sun is shining. I have just built a pedestal mounted AA gun. Bliss.

Over Open Sights said...

You are too kind. The trucks were great to build. I could have got some MDF trucks but I enjoy building things when I don't have the inclination to paint.

Sgt. Guinness said...

Wow, splendid work indeed. I will most assuredly be following this thread. Outstanding blog by the way!

I'm currently working on a 1910-1930's NWF project including vehicles. Though I'm sure I can't build trucks like yours sir. I'm sourcing Matchbox and 3D printing at the moment.

Cheers,
JB