Saturday 1 June 2019

The Last Gasp Before the Madness Begins. Sudan Black Watch Test Pieces.

So, before the enforced break from painting begins I managed to get some time to play about with a couple of Perry Miniatures Sudan Black Watch figures before I start work on the main body of the unit (20-odd figures) during the summer. I really like this paint scheme. Government Tartan is very dark so I tried out a digital macro image of the Sergeant in the hope that it shows up. I must not forget that the Piper needs to wear Royal Stewart Tartan!




7 comments:

Phil Curran said...

Way beyond my painting ability, a great paint job !!

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely paint jobs...
I agree with you it’s a very attractive uniform.

All the best. Aly

Jim Jackaman said...

Wow!

rross said...

You have done an excellent job on these. The Government tartan is basically applicable to almost every regiment - Gordon tartan for example is exactly the same but with a yellow over stripe - so if you can get it right for the 42nd, you have cracked it! I often see very well painted figures undone by tartan that is far too bright - EG basically French blue or a mid green - but this paint scheme is pretty near perfect!

Michael Awdry said...

Beautifully done, certainly one of my favourite uniforms too.

Over Open Sights said...

Thank you, chaps. I am looking forward to getting stuck in to these, some Sudan Egyptians and a little dabble into the Zulu War!

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Very impressive!