1. The essential tools.
2. Snip off the head. Aim to snip the head off above the collar line (apologies for not getting this shot in focus).
3. Another view of the head removal operation. Steady now! Have courage.... SNIP!
4. Removal complete.
5. The snips leave a raised area of metal that now needs to be filed flat.
6. Cleaned up and flattened neck.
7. Take a drill and drill into the centre of the neck to a depth of about 1.5mm
8. Neck with hole drilled into the centre.
9. Now take a scalpel and pare away the top of the hole to leave a "cupped" recess into which the new head will sit.
10. The "cupped" recess. Compare this with photo 8 and you will see the difference (hopefully).
11. Fill the "cupped" recess with a good quality superglue. Don't use the cheap "poundshop" rubbish.
12. Place the new head into the recess. Hold for a few seconds and.....
13. ....Bob's yer uncle!